Friday, October 11, 2013

Life Changes

In my last post I was talking about what a really rough time I had this past year and when I say rough I mean I was not okay. I don't want to dwell on on all of the negatives but way more of the positives! To say the least though, I needed a life make over! I woke up one morning and decided that I wasn't going to be defeated and I wasn't going to be unhappy anymore.

1. I took a look at what I was eating and realized how much it was hurting me instead of helping me.
I have been a vegetarian since 2002 but was not doing it any justice. My busy schedule equaled out to a sugary coffee every morning at Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts. A quick healthish lunch like Subway or Pei Wei, or nothing at all! And dinner was even worse, usually a frozen unhealthy meal. Now I am eating fresh healthy well rounded meals. I will post some examples soon.


2. I'm working out! I used to be so finicky about doing any kind of exercise at all. I now have a trainer who pushes me and encourages me. He is amazing! Feel like giving up? Get a trainer. Don't know where to start? Get a trainer. Feel like your workouts are going nowhere? Get a trainer. Moral of the story. Get a Trainer! They make a huge difference!

3. I'm finishing school! Finally? Yes! I feel like I've been in school for 10 years. I have been working on and off for the past 5 years to finish my associates and hopefully, I will be done by the end of this year!

4. I meditate everyday. I'm taking the time to reflect on my feelings, my life, and my body. It does wonders for my attitude and has created an insane amount of balance in my life.


Just when you think you don't have the strength or the motivation to keep going...do it anyway. Pick yourself up, change what you don't like, and learn to love yourself!

xoxo - Liz <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS